1. The competition whole outline
We received support of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in order to commemorate the Korea Publishers Association's
2nd Seoul International Book Arts Fair in 2005 and exhume a domestic
and foreign excellent Bookartist, and to attempt
an elevation of a domestic Book arts level and planned competition.
We expect to raise an interest of the public about Book arts by doing this, and achieve continuous development of Book arts industry.
We really ask a favor with a lot of interests of domestic and foreign bookartists'.
2. Competition Whole Summary
- Participators Qualifications : People who are interested in Book Arts.
General and a university & college student, foreign bookartist
- Size :
As for the size of a work, only a work weight less
then 2kg is possible also wSithin 60cm X 60cm X
However any installation work and the material which can be fragile or dangerous used, will not be accepted.
- Receipt Period : March 2nd,2005 ~ March 30th,2005
- Bureau : Korean Publishers Association, International Cooperation Department 105-2, Sagandong Jongrogu Seoul(110-190) - S.Korea -
Tel : 02-735-2702
- Receipt Way : Postal receipt or directly visit
- Receipt Fee : None
The Best Award (One Person) - Prize money 2,000,000 won and a medal
Excellent Awards(Two People) ?Prize money 1,000,000 won and a medal
Bronze Awards (five people) ? Prize money 500,000 won and a medal
Finalist (Twenty people) ? Medal & Souvenir
- Examination Standard : The contents of the work should be unprecedented and an idea should be attractive to a Book arts work.
The work should have function and format which you can open and close regular book than object installation.
- Examination Announcement : April 15th(Friday),2005.
Korean Publishers Association (www.kpa21.or.kr)
- Award Ceremony : June 3rd(friday), 2005.Seoul International Book Arts Fair Exhibition Hall in Coex Pacific Hal l(unsettled)
*All winning piece of work will be display at the exhibition hall during the 2nd Seoul International Book Arts Fair.
- Work carrying out
Defeat Work : May 2nd, 2005. ~ May 14th, 2005.
Selected Work : June 9th,2005. ~ June 23th,2005.
Carrying Out: visits directly( An identification card or receipt require ) and send to local and aborad.(free postal charge)
- Supported by : The Ministry of Culture and Tourism
* Details of the schedule may be partly adjusted according to circumstances of the host organization.
* In case, accidental damage of a work during the convey occurs, but does not take the responsibility on a loss.